Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sorry, Quail

We've been really proud of Hero since we've moved into the house. She has kept our garage mouse-free! She also scared away the pigeons that used to create a pile of poo at the front door.

Last night she decided she was ready for bigger game. I opened the garage door to find a big, beautiful quail, legs up on the doormat.

I love quails. I thought she'd be too scared to try to catch something so big. Poor quail. His little dangly feather won't dangle anymore.

So here is my tribute to that poor dead quail. This is probably him, with his quail wife, relaxing on our fence a few weeks ago. We can all remember him this way.

I'm sorry, quail, that my cat killed you just for fun.

4 comments:

Brittany B said...

Can Hero come kill the birds around my house, and chase away the rabbits, some other little creature that burrows tunnels in our grass? As long as he stays outside so I don't swell up. It's so nice of him to look after you guys.

Carla L. said...

Hero nailed many a quail while she was living with us! Her instincts must have been dormant for a few months, but they are baaaack! Here is a list of the critters whose carcusses she gifted me with: lizards, snakes, bluebirds, quail, rats, mice, squirrels, gophers and the occasional giant moth.

Thesilvershack said...

Can I take your cat to church?

Kylie said...

lol sure!