I'm a sucker for paisleys. I don't know why. I just am, okay?
(note: I just realized my blog background is paisley. I knew it was, because I made the background, but I had gotten so used to it I just ignore it...so anyway, I do like paisleys but I'm not like a paisley freak or anything.)
I don't usually go for really busy fabrics, but it cost under $40 for the fabric and thread! We needed a heavy-ish upholstery fabric and some of them cost almost that much for just 1 yard, so like I said: total steal. Plus I have some leftover bits to do something spectacular with. Fab.
As a response to certain demands I thought I'd share a couple of pictures. This weekend my mom helped me recover the glider chair and ottoman we bought for Sky's room. It was a Craigslist find and I totally forgot to take a "before" picture. Just believe me when I tell you it was ugly and dirty and blah. Several people can back me up on this.
So anyway, we went to the fabric store and found some cute fabrics, but settled on this paisley one because it was a total steal. Here's a closeup. It's kind of vintagey, right?
I don't usually go for really busy fabrics, but it cost under $40 for the fabric and thread! We needed a heavy-ish upholstery fabric and some of them cost almost that much for just 1 yard, so like I said: total steal. Plus I have some leftover bits to do something spectacular with. Fab.So here's the finished product:



And here is Sky, enjoying it:


9 comments:
Thank you! I wanted to see the chair. :)
Ooh I found you on Brittany's blog!! YAY!! I LOVE paisley as well!! Very cute and good job!
Oh thanks! Glad you found the blog, Brittany!
And Leisa, you are so welcome. It was mostly for you. (And also for Myr.)
It's a lovely chair. It used to be a very ugly chair that I was afraid to sit on because I might end up with goobers all over my pants, but now it is a gorgeous chair. And I especially love the way the paisley all lines up perfectly, including the footstool. The professional upholsterers were indeed very talented...
Very nice. I think you hired very good uphosterers myself.
It turned out so good! And yes, it looks much better. When I finally find a glider for Jmo's room I'm calling you for reupholstering!
Thanks for the post!
And I too enjoy a good paisley.
Unfortunately, I once bought a paisley bathing suit, and that was a mistake.
And also, I knew a girl named Paisley while I was growing up. I'm all grown up now, so I don't know her any longer.
Did you look at Anna Rose's blog? She does stuff like this all the time. You should definitely check it out.
http://www.thehowtogal.blogspot.com/
Kylie you totally should be a guest blogger on my How-To Gal blog! I am not the best at reupholstering and I would love a step by step tutorial for my readers!
Post a Comment