Tuesday, February 21, 2012

San Francisco with the Granges!

This past Saturday we packed the girls up and hit the San Francisco Bay Aquarium with none other than the Grange Family! Look at these wonderful people:



I was so excited when Kimber told me they were planning a trip to the city. We haven't seen them (or any Reno friends) since we moved and I was seriously thrilled for a chance to have some fun in the city with Kimber and her crew! 

First up, the aquarium:




Harp liked the sea stars:

Sky thought this "sleeping shark" was hilarious:
 


And she didn't want to touch this shark...






Awesome jellyfish:

It turned out to be a gorgeous day in San Francisco. We hit the aquarium, then took a stroll down Pier 39. We had crepes for lunch, checked out the sea lions, took lots of pictures and had some good conversation. 

Sky got a little turtle from the gift shop. She named it "Purple Sparkle" and she loves it. I think this is my favorite picture from the whole day. This is a very happy kid, right here:

But I took a lot of pictures:

Delicious crepes. I want another one right now!


 So sweet :)

 Harper is a city woman. Stay out of her way.

Only a handful of sea lions, but we did get to see one push another into the water.

It was windy. My hair didn't look this terrible the whole time. But the kids and Mike did look this cute the whole time:

Sky found these "beautiful, beautiful flowers" and wanted me to take her picture in front of them since she wasn't allowed to bring them home.

Kimber and me:

Before we parted ways, we attempted some super hero poses. Most of them ended up looking like I was getting punched in the face by Sam:

 But some of them were funny.

And Sam was killin' it with the poses:


Sky and Harper love Kimber and Stewart's kids. Especially Sky. She and the girls played tag in the crowds on the pier, filled Sky's camera with pictures of miscellaneous things at the aquarium and just had a great time playing together. I was so happy for her to have some sweet, fun kids to play with. We had a very bad experience with some mean kids last week and Sky has been anxious about meeting anyone new since, so THANK YOU, Kiera, Kayla and Sam, for being such great kids!

We really had a great day! Hey friends, come visit so we can party some more!


2 comments:

Carla L. said...

these photos are so great! Sky looks like she had the time of her life, and I can totally hear her talking about the "beautiful, beautiful flowers". She is such a girly girl! And Harper is NOT to be messed with on the streets of San Francisco!

Aren't great friends a good thing to have

Stuart and Kimber said...

Sorry about the bruises! We had sooo much fun! Thanks for hookin' up with us. (I wish we would've gotten just ONE more crepe...) :)