Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Crawler in Action

I decided to document Skylar's most recent achievement. She started to experiment with crawling on Monday! I figured her grandparents might appreciate some proof. :)

For now, Sky doesn't just crawl for the sake of moving around; that's what rolling is for. She needs to pick a goal to crawl toward. 

This seems to work pretty well.


Once she finds something she wants, she gets into position...


Then she's off! (These pictures don't really do it justice; she started much further away from the bottle, but those pictures were blurry...)

And...we have success! She looks pretty happy about it, too.

7 comments:

Carla L. said...

Well, would ya look at that! She's a kickstand crawler!! I think this needs first-hand verification on my part...

Kylie said...

It probably does. See what you can do about that, will ya?

Carla L. said...

Hmmm, Morgan crawled at 5 1/2 months of age...and walked at 9 months. Now you know what to look forward to!!

Carla L. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leisa Waldron said...

I am thinking 9 months too. And don't listen to people who think that something is wrong with her just because she uses the "kickstand" technique. :)

Carla L. said...

Only the most talented among us are able to master the highly regarded kickstand technique!

Brittany B said...

It has only just begun. Wait till she climbs as she has an expert named Jameson to watch for tips.