Friday, March 27, 2009

George Cleon Laney: 1920-2009

My Grandpa Laney passed away early this morning. My dad was able to be there with him and said it was very peaceful.


Had had an amazing life in his 89 years! He lived through attacks on Pearl Harbor in WWII, raised a family of 7 with my grandma, started and owned a successful business until he retired, and even owned the first color TV in Lehi, Utah. He was also a very talented photographer and wonderful story teller. Grandpa was so welcoming of everyone and especially of Mike, which really made me very happy.

I will miss him, but I'm so happy and proud of the life he led and the example he has always been to me and my family. He was an amazing husband, father and grandfather. I know it was his time to go and I'm happy he was surrounded by family and love when the time came.

I love you, Grandpa!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry for your loss Kylie, but isn't it nice to know that you'll see him again?

Unknown said...

What a lovely tribute to a wonderful man, Kylie. Ted and I send our sincere condolences.

Kylie said...

Thanks Emily and Gabrielle. :)

Tristan said...

Sorry for the loss Kylie! I hope that you have a great day!

Leisa Waldron said...

I love the picture with just you and him. I wish I had one of me and him. Love you sistah.

Whittron said...

I, too, love this picture. What a neat man. God bless, Kylie, I hope you are doing well.

Brittany B said...

Man, this was not a good week. It looks like he lived a long happy like with the best granddaughter.

Darla said...

What a wonderful grandpa and a good role model for your family and children. So sorry for your loss.

Carla L. said...

That photo is TOTALLY Grandpa Laney! That is how I always picture him - with a great big smile on his face. He was so proud of all his grandchildren!