My favorite variety of apple is Honeycrisp.
It is totally superior to all other apples. It beats the crap out of Gala and kicks Fuji's trash.
I found it while shopping with Gabrielle at Whole Foods in San Ramon, CA. They were giving out free samples. I LOVE free samples! Why else would I shop at Costco?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find Honeycrisp apples in Reno. I think I'll grow them instead. That's right. I'm buyin' an apple tree!

6 comments:
Aww... I think it's cute that you only mentioned three kinds of apples.
My favorite place to get apples is this little canyon by the ocean, where apple trees simply thrive.
Oh, just thinking about it makes me happy. Anyway, check it out. Go to www.gopherglen.com
You are funny. And this was a useful post; I have long bee searching for the best type of apple. You should meet me in Apple Hill sometime! It's not that far from Reno...
been*
what about cameo?
I'm excited for your tree. I need to try this apple!
Oooh...sounds yummy. You sure have a lot to blog about lately. I need to spice up my blogging world.
Sounds delicious! How long before we can harvest the tree and make applesauce for the winter?
Post a Comment