Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Shelter Cove Trip!

Last weekend Mike and I made a majorly last-minute decision to drive out to my parents' beach house in Shelter Cove, CA. Mike took Monday off and we headed out Friday after he got off work.

We spent 4-5 hours driving for 4 days in a row. It was not one of our best decisions. It was a fun trip and the place is gorgeous, but next time we go we will definitely spend more time in Shelter Cove than on the road!

So here's what happened:

Sky saw the ocean for the first time! She was a little freaked out.

We looked at the ocean.

I stuck my feet in the sand. (Free pedicure!)

Morgan found a tiny eel.

Then Kadie yelled, "I got crabs!!" We were a little concerned until she showed us these.

The next day we went to another beach where the whales are supposed to be rolling around. Apparently it's whale-migrating time. We saw a total of -2 whales.

One was a huge seal. The other was a rock. So I just got a picture of me holding Sky instead.

Sky showed off her sitting skills back at the house.

Mike was off golfing/fishing/bear wrestling with the other boys. No pictures of that. But he really was there! We took this little family picture before we jumped back in the car to head home.

3 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

Cute! I am so glad that you guys came. It was so much fun to see Skylar. She is so cute, takes after her mama. :)

Our Little Family said...

How fun! That is nice that you are driving distance from your family. When did your parents move to Shelter Cove? Skylar is growing up so fast! We miss you guys.

Whittron said...

-2 whales, that is hilarious.