Friday, January 22, 2010

Limited Craftyness x 9

Yesterday I finally received the rest of the supplies I needed to make the simple decor project I wrote about in this post. Woohoo!

Naturally, I delved right in and finished the project last night and Mike helped me hang it, so I took some pictures. Here you go! The family room before and after pictures:

Before:

After:

Closeup:

My craftiness only reaches so far, but the colors on these canvases tie the whole room together. (The pictures only show one wall, but if you saw the wall opposite this one the whole tying-in business would make more sense.)

Anyway, now our family room has more color which was my goal. No more boring round thing above the couch. I love it!

11 comments:

Whittron said...

cool! I love them! Is it just fabric?

Makenna Pratt said...

These look great! How did you make them?

-Makenna (from the good ol' ad/marketing days)

Leisa Waldron said...

So cute Ky. I have that same paper! Can't wait to make some Cowboy ones for Crew man. You are so crafty!

Kylie said...

It's just canvases with patterned papers on them! You can use fabric, though. That might even be cuter. I painted the canvases--you can't tell here, but they are painted on the sides. Then I used Mod Podge to stick the paper to the canvas, let it set, then painted Mod Podge all over the surface so it will stick and be tougher. You know...in case my kid decides to throw a sippy cup at it or something.

Glad you found my blog, Makenna! I'm making it private soon--send me your email address so I can be sure to invite you.

Leisa how can you have the same paper as me?! That is just crazy talk!

Brittany B said...

They turned out so good. Pretty sure I might steal this idea from you.

Unknown said...

Sooooo cute!

Carolyn said...

VERY cute.

Makenna Pratt said...

makenna.kay@gmail.com

Kylie said...

Thanks guys!!

The Peterson Life said...

That looks great and, admittedly, beyond me. Maybe not the manual work of putting it together, but definitely the finding colors and patterns that work - seems rather intimidating. Can't wait to see it, maybe over a pizookie.

Carpenters said...

Ohh love this!