Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY 2010!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


It's the start of a new double-digit decade! Or something.

So how have you decided to pronounce "2010"? I wonder if you've even put any thought into this? Maybe you'll be one of those peeps who suddenly finds themselves in a weird situation not knowing how to say it, so you end up getting made fun of or just saying every option that comes into your head and then apologizing for all that annoying rambling.

There are a few options, you know. You could go with "two-thousand-and-ten" or just "two-thousand-ten."

You could also call it "twenty-ten." My brothers hate that option.

One of my friends has decided to call it "oh-ten" just because he can.

So whatcha gonna do? I think I'll go with "oh-ten" just because it will bother some people.

I have yet to come up with new year resolutions. Probably just the usual ones I never follow through with. You know, like working out regularly; not procrastinating my new year resolutions; doing the dishes before I go to bed. "Growing a garden." Etc.

Oh-ten is going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Happy two thousand ten, Ky! Wicka wicka!

Carla L. said...

they had a whole segment on the news about this! They interviewed a gazillion people to see how everyone pronounced it, and it was basically a draw. I am going to pronounce it two-oh-one-oh just to be different...