Today marks the 5th anniversary of Mike's baptism!
Somewhere I have pictures from Mike's baptism. Can't find them. I've been searching everywhere and to no avail. (Let me know if you find them, eh Mom?)
I can still remember Mike's baptism well. How I gave some little talk that no one could understand because I was crying and my voice was too high-pitched. How my sisters sang a pretty song. How my dad baptised Mike. How Mike almost missed the whole thing because he lost his white shirt, but how he managed to purchase a new one just before the baptism so in those missing pictures his shirt has fold marks on it. How Mike wanted to iron his shirt, but there was no time...and no iron.
Ah, memories.
It really was a great baptism. People ignored the fold marks on his shirt, family and friends (and lots of missionaries from the previous years) were there showing love and support. And most importantly, Mike was baptised!
So here is another picture from 2004, just so you know what we looked like way back then. As it turns out we haven't changed much. But still.

Happy Baptism Anniversary, Mikey!

5 comments:
And just one short year later, you met me! Oh what memories!
Wait... this post wasn't about me, was it? Hang on.
Let me re-read it.
Okay, got it now. Happy Anniversary Mike! Wicka wicka woot!
It wasn't even a year. It was less!
Mike says, "Thanks, Myr!"
(He's not much of a comment leaver. He often writes comments, but never pushes the "publish your comment" button so they rarely end up as real comments.)
It's a good thing you haven't changed much, because you both are pretty dang cute in that picture!
Well THANK you!
Very cute! I love that picture!
Post a Comment