Last week I found this very well-built bird nest, complete with bird sitting on eggs, in my neighbor's tree. I showed it to Sky and I think she saw it, but you can never really know. She definitely saw the tree, if nothing else. So at least I showed her nature.
Anyway, turns out my neighbor is anti-bird. The nest--eggs and all--is completely gone. Maybe she saw me standing on her lawn taking a picture of her tree and thought, "I'll have none of this!"
Or maybe she has an incubator and is hatching the eggs on her kitchen counter? I like this option over the dumped-in-trashcan alternative. And I much prefer it to the Saturday breakfast one.
All I know is this: if she brings me baked goods, I'm going to wonder what kind of eggs she used...
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Bye Bye, Birdie
Posted by Kylie at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ohhh, the wrath of nature that she dares to incur!!! She had better watch her fireplace, that's all I can say! (very retro movie reference...guess!!)
I'm going to guess Birds! Am I right?!
GASP! A bird hater! I can't believe it.
I really thought that they screened a little better before they let just anyone buy houses in your 'hood.
Post a Comment