Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello, Tahoe!

Mike and I may have moved to Reno almost a year ago, and it's possible that we both grew up only a few hours from here, but before this weekend we had never been to Lake Tahoe.

Myriah had never been there, either. And we are pretty sure Sky had never been.

We decided this was unacceptable. After church on Sunday, we came home and schlumped around for a while. Then we hopped in the car and drove to Tahoe!

We didn't know exactly how to get to the lake other than to just keep driving past Mt. Rose. Brittany and Sariah told us to turn left at Smokey the Bear. Well, Smokey is in hibernation and we almost missed him...


But we found it!


We had some fun with a stump:

And we almost lost Mike to the water...

Since it wasn't really a let's-lounge-outside-and-stick-our-feet-in-the-water kind of day, we didn't stay long. Once Skylar's gums started chattering, we figured we should leave.

But first we took these.

5 comments:

The Peterson Life said...

Those are great pics!!! Looks like you had fun. Next step, swimming in tahoe.

Brittany B said...

Now you're ready for lake day! Isn't it time for smokey to come out of hibernation? How long do bears sleep?

Myriah Cohen said...

I just set the stump photo montage as my desktop background. Best thing I did all day. I think if you choose "tile" it gives a nice sampling of each of us, and who doesn't like a nice sample?

Whittron said...

I just got ordered myself a bike rack for my bug. Maybe when it comes I could come out and visit, and then bike around lake tahoe, it looks gorgeous!

Kylie said...

Oh, Myr--I'm so proud! Good idea with the tiling...

And Whit, that sounds like a great plan. Anytime you wanna come, a bed will be waiting for you! And the lake, of course. It never leaves.