Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mikey!

It's Mike's birthday! 


Yep, the big 2-4. He seems so much older and wiser already, and it isn't even noon!

I love Mike for a lot of reasons, including these:
  • He is incredibly patient with me
  • He tries to make me laugh, basically all the time
  • He can fix almost anything, and even if he can't fix it he tries anyway
  • He is a great dad to Skylar
  • He's the raddest Wii Fit hoola-hooper around
  • He tries to create his own recipes in the kitchen, which I think is great even if an experiment doesn't work out
  • He thinks I'm funny
  • He loves to hang out with my little brothers, always teaching them how to write code so they can develop their own games
  • He wants me to write books for him to read
  • He thinks this blog is funny and makes his coworkers look at it
  • He is always happy and positive
  • He works hard and keeps me and Sky first on his priority list
  • He likes to prepare FHE lessons ahead of time, rather than wing it
  • He's creative and motivated. When we first met, he was trying to invent some magnetized wheel dealio; I'm not sure what was supposed to happen, but I was still impressed
  • He ignores my bad moods and pretends I'm still being nice
  • He'll do almost anything to make me smile
  • He loves all things Harry Potter and wants to read the Twilight saga
  • He gained 5 lbs
  • He's great at developing more efficient ways to get his work done
  • He's Canadian, but wishes he were British and always says things like "that's brilliant" instead of "that's cool," or "right!" as a random addition to the end of sentences
  • He will read all of this, even though it's long
Sky loves Mike, too. She gets so excited when he comes home from work and she loves Mommy-Daddy Playtime (a nightly pre-bath routine). She loves to ride on Mike's shoulders and sit on his lap at the computer while he's working.

She loves Mike so much, she exposed a little tooth for him today! That's saying something, that is.

Happy Birthday, Mike! You are the best husband/dad ever. We love you!!

12 comments:

The Peterson Life said...

You say it's your birthday...na, na, na, na, na...it's my birthday too...na, na na na na. You say it's your birthday...na na na na na...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I got 6 years on you though! UGH. :)

The Peterson Life said...

I like this one - "•He ignores my bad moods and pretends I'm still being nice

Jay does this too, and I always appreciate it AFTER I'm in a good mood again.

Brittany B said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!

Leisa Waldron said...

Okay...are you going to put a video of the Wii Fit hula hooping on your blog. People NEED to see that in action. We love you Mike, and wish you a happy happy birthday. Thanks for be such a great husband and dad to my sister and neice!

Leisa Waldron said...

He gained 5 lbs! Way to go Shmikey!

Carla L. said...

Happy Birthday to the Mikester! Yeah, it's the Mike-o-nator...Mike-o-rama...Mike-a-rooni...

That's all I can think of with the brain of one who is experiencing The Great Change (and has been for the past 13 years...) This is your brain :) :) :) This is your brain on menopause :< :# :$ :!!!! ^@&^$%@*#@&$@%*!&@&^$@&!@(*&@#$&^(*!@ DEAL WITH IT!

Anyhoo, happy birthday Mike! Thanks for being such a great son-in-law! Have fun in Boston...run a marathon...eat some New England Clam Chowder...grab a drink at Cheers...

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh man, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wicka WICKA WOOT!

Five pounds?! Nice work! I'm so proud of you.

*sniff*

Myriah Cohen said...

I just want you to know that the word verification right now is "breast".

Ha.

And now I have to type it again to get this to go through.

Ha ha.

David said...

Happy belated birthday Mike! I read the first half of the list, took a nap & then read the 2nd half. We think you're terrific too.

Kylie said...

Hahaha!

emilein said...

I like the gaining of the 5 pounds part. That's brilliant!

emilein said...

Oh yea, Happy belated birthday Mike from the Jensen's. Hope it was the best!