Wednesday, April 29, 2009

O, To Have a Yard!

We owned our first house in Springville, Utah for 2 years. The closest we ever got to having a landscaped yard was when our weeds grew taller than the house. It was a natural landscape. At least it was green, right?

Wrong.

Don't believe me? Here:


And that was when they were just babies! (You like my weed camo, don't you?) I think maybe if we had planted a bean stock we could have left Utah with a truckload of ogre money.

Anyway, as it turns out, having a child is a great motivator to landscaping a backyard! The kid needs a place to play, right? Plus I really didn't want to see weeds again...

So this morning, I found this outside.


What is it, you ask? (You probably already know, but please act surprised.) It's sod! The final piece to the landscaping package we purchased. Isn't it lovely?


Okay, enough of the funny business. Enjoy these before and after shots! We still have some work to do, but this is enough to make us smile for now!

There are several plants in the yard as well, but they are little baby plants. You can click on the pictures to see a larger image.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

5 comments:

Mike said...

Woot! It's awesome! I can't wait to see it in person (still at work...)

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Now it's time to plan a patio party!!! I'll bring the salsa...or "saltsa" as they say in Utah!

Brittany B said...

It looks so nice! That's so exciting. Now we'll just hang out at your house.. you might need to purchase a hot tub also. :)

Emily said...

My first thought when I saw the sod rolled out was, "whoa! Crop circles!!" You do live in Nevada after all..

Leisa Waldron said...

So jealous. It looks great. Now I can bring my kids up to play on your grass since I don't have any! :)