Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3 Years Old!!!!!

My little Sky babe is 3 years old today!

Seems like just yesterday I was walking around with a torpedo belly. And Sky was doing the Costanza and getting teeth and learning to walk. And making pirate faces! Tying up The Lorax...ah, memories.

Just yesterday she turned one, then two, and now she's three. Look at this pretty big 3-year-old girl!


She has had a fun birthday. The day started with Sky running into our room yelling, "Mommy, I'm THREE! I had a nap, and I woke up and I'm THREE!" Mikey worked at home today to spend some extra time with Sky. 

Daddy made a fabulous pancake breakfast. Sky got a special bunny pancake. At first, she refused to eat the pancake.

"But you don't cut bunnies! You don't cut people and bunnies!"

We told her it's not a bunny, it's just a pancake that looks like a bunny face.

"You don't eat faces!"

We did not expect this turn of events. Clearly. After 10, maybe 15 minutes of us trying to reason with her, she ate the bunny pancake. She started with the eyes and nose, then ate the ears. I took this after the first ear was munched.


After breakfast we went to Leisa's, where Leisa put some super cute feathers in Sky's hair! Birthday Feathers!


Then I took more pictures:




Oh, and Harper jumped in. :)



We went to the chocolate shop and Sky got to pick out some birthday candy. She chose: suckers. Suckers. Mike and I chose chocolates, because somebody had to. It was a chocolate shop.

Grammy, Grandpa, Nick and Josh came over to with Sky a Happy Birthday and to give her some awesome presents. She got her first Barbie dolls! One with a purple dress (per Sky's request), a Belle Barbie and a Cinderella Barbie. They also gave her an awesome portable Barbie castle! She is in love. Her final request tonight was to play with the Barbies and Barbie castle "just for a little minute" before she went to bed.


We are having a little family party for Sky this Saturday, so tonight she just got her own tiny Luxor cake. It is mostly chocolate mousse in a hard chocolate shell and she was SO excited to eat it. Aww, a mini Kylie!





Mommy and Daddy got Sky some play food and a basketball & basketball hoop! Unfortunately, the basketball hoop is "wonky" and needs to be fixed so the hoop doesn't slump down. She hated it. The good news is she will now play with it, despite it's wonky ways. She's really not a big fan of wonk, but she can be reasoned with. She is 3, after all.





A scooter, feathers, Barbies, basketball, play food, suckers, cake, phone calls from family. Such a lucky kid.

I can hardly believe my baby is now three years old. She's such a big girl! I can't put into words how much I love this kid. I am so proud to have Sky as my daughter and so excited to see what this next year brings! Love you, Sky Baby! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That play food looks delectable. Did Leisa make it? Happy birthday Sky! "Just for a little bit" ... soooo cute. I hope Fara likes dollies someday; I love playing Barbies.

Leisa Waldron said...

She is so cute. And she shared her fabric food with me so I feel special. :)

Carla L. said...

She is one amazing little girl! AND SHE LOVES HER GRAMMY!! Which means she is highly intelligent as well. Happy Birthday Sky Muffin!