My friend Mindy has a blog about simplifying your life, among other things. She posted last week about her purse and I still can't believe this is all she has in it. What?!
Well tonight I dug through the piles of crap in our garage and finally located the bin my purses were hiding in. Yeah, baby! I am so excited. I was getting completely sick of the huge pink thing I've been lugging around. I have been scouring boxes, bins, and couch cushions for my purses since we got to California and guess where I found them? In the absolute middle of the boxes/bins/furniture bits piled up in the garage. I should have looked there first, because this is very typical behavior from my many lost items. Little jerks.
And so I dedicate this post to Mindy, so she can see exactly what I carry with me at all times. I live by the better-safe-than-sorry mindset. Specific to my purse, this mindset may or may not have developed as a result of Michelle Pfeiffer's character in One Fine Day. She dressed the kids up for Halloween Day at school with only the items in her purse! Most incredible. This is my life's goal.
It's not. But I truly do get upset when I'm not prepared for anything and everything. Behold, the pink purse I'm tired of:

And it's contents:
I've gotta be honest here. There are usually 3 diapers in my bag, not the two pictured here, plus a water bottle for me and two sippy cups for the girls. Yes, that is a pile of trash in the bottom right corner--that is not typical; it all got shoved in my purse when I picked Sky up from nursery today.
We've got diapers, wipes, a nursing cover, reusable grocery bags (2) and reusable produce bags (3), a pile of snacks, womanly supplies, wallet, keys, phone, sunglasses for me, sunglasses for Sky, sunblock (kids and adult), lip balm, multiple lip glosses, tissues, sanitary wipes, sanitary gel, lotion (2), ballpoint pen, gum and misc. other items. I usually have multiple small toys and sometimes my huge camera.
Don't worry. I only carry the port-a-potty and blow-up mattresses when I know we'll be gone for 3+ hours.
I switched to this lovely teal purse, minus the trash pile, some snacks, most of the sanitary wipes (I honestly have no idea how 10 of them ended up in the purse to begin with), comb, nursing cover, some of the lipglosses, a lotion and a baby bracelet.
These pictures are terrible, and I'm not wearing my contacts so they are totally out of focus. I feel fine about it. You feel fine about it, too, because you mostly wanted to see the pile of crap and the general look of the bags.
Done. Changed. Semi-simplified. Mostly prepared...though not for a zombie apocalypse.
Anyone know where I can get a good telescoping poleax?
1 comments:
That is hilarious. I may be simple, but perhaps not prepared... I have a follow up post in the making, dedicated to you. Thank you for sharing the contents of your bag! I love having you so close...
Post a Comment