Monday, October 3, 2011

Quarters

I collect quarters.

I'm not kidding. This is a deep, dark secret I've been trying to keep under wraps but it's time it came out in the open. BAM! There it is!

Seven years ago I was a nanny for a set of twins who gave me a little cardboard 50 States Quarters collector book. I started collecting the quarters from the change I got and my collection today is only missing a few. But one day I look at the change in my hand and realize that, without my consent, the US Treasury has begun pounding out these extra US territory quarters and special nickles and there just isn't a slot in my book for them all!

With the whole movie ticket fiasco of '11, I can't afford to hoard more than the original 50 quarters I agreed to when I accepted the book. Sure, they are worth more than old movie stubs (though one could argue the value of memories associated with ticket stubs is higher than any monetary value) but they are also heavier and my moving boxes can't take the added pressure.

The following quarters will complete my set:

  • Colorado
  • Hawaii
  • Minnesota
  • South Carolina

Please look in your pockets/wallets/purses/couch cushions and notify me should you find any or all of the above quarters.

I should probably just start collecting bills and forget the whole quarter thing.

I will begin by accepting any $5s you'd like to donate to this cause. Larger bills also accepted.

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

Which mint marking do you want?

Stuart and Kimber said...

That is from Stuart btw. I do NOT collect quarters. He has multiple sets. He is thrilled beyond belief that someone else collects them too. :)