Monday, August 3, 2009

Rock-a-bye, Baby

Right now I am listening to the tune of "Rock-a-bye, Baby" playing over and over.


That means Skylar woke up from her nap.

A few days ago I attached this little plush elephant dude to her crib. You can pull his tail and he will play "rock-a-bye, baby." I don't know why people think it's a good song to sing to your kid, but the tune is nice so I'm cool with it.

I'm also cool with it because Sky figured out how to make it work and it keeps her entertained for like 10 minutes after she wakes up.

Or at least long enough for me to write a quick post! Ta-da!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I saw this speech that Julie Andrews gave, and she said the same thing about Rock-a-bye, baby." She and her daughter wrote a book of poems and lullabies. She said it's such a terrible lullaby because of it's abrupt and terrifying ending. But, anyway, it was funny.

Brittany B said...

Rock-a-bye is scary. But if you read all the old riddles and songs, they're all bad. Seriously... Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after? What were these people thinking?