So I'm a Goodreads.com member. Have been for a while. Basically since I started reading...so I guess I've been a member for almost 2 years! If you want to be all technical about it, I mean.
One day I got a Goodreads newsletter in my inbox. Naturally I clicked on it to see what was up.
www.goodreads.com/giveaway
THAT is what's up!
Do you know what that means? Free books! It means FREE BOOKS! This is quite the discovery for a newfound reader.
As if you would question it, I immediately signed up to win a few books and ended up winning two within two weeks of my discovery! I was thrilled beyond belief. I love free books. I'm also a nice person, so I told several friends and family members to get out there and win win win!
I haven't won any more books after those two instant wins. I'm noticing that some of my friends continue to win books. Clearly I have offended the /giveaway peeps. I just updated my Goodreads profile and added some more books to my shelves.
Come on, /giveaway...I'm dyin' here! I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Again. I need something new! And preferably free!

3 comments:
On/In my night table, I have A Confederacy of Dunces, Silas Marner (almost done), Memoir of a Geisha (I'm sure you have read this along with everyone else in the world), Smoke and Mirrors (neil gaiman (Stardust) short stories - haven't read yet); Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (started awhile back then never got back into it). You are welcome to any of them! I just read City of Thieves Great book and the authors hot (bonus), but I don't have a copy. :(
Oooh! Steph, I would LOVE to borrow some books! Thanks for the offer!
I'll have to find a copy of the hot author book, too...
I just started About a Boy--have you read that one? Pretty funny so far. One of my favorite movies, so I have high expectations for the book.
Ohh... Did you update that About a Boy thing on your GoodReads? I don't remember it...I'm adding it to my list...brb
Post a Comment