Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy Week: An Update

This week has been busy.


Work has been very busy for Mike. Poor guy didn't even sleep last night. I had to remind him to change his shirt before he left for work this morning.

He said he wasn't working on all cylinders. I agreed.

Skylar is getting her front teeth. Teething = whining and little sleep. Also, much more walking is happening around here. Our neighbor loaned us a little pusher/walker thing and Sky totally digs it. All day I hear this song playing ("walk along, walk along...") while she walks around the house with it. Since she's been using the walker this week, she is braver and more stable on her chubby little feet. I think she'll get this whole walking business nailed in the next few weeks.

Her favorite thing to say is, "Hi!" It is also the only word she knows.

We finally got our video camera back from being repaired (wahoo!), so I'll get around to posting a video sometime.

Last weekend Whitney stayed with us. We had a grand ol' time in Virginia City where we spent our small fortunes on salt water taffy. It was great. I have pictures; just haven't had the time to post them.

Also, I made cookies. If you want one, come get one.

And that is your update.

3 comments:

Greg and Sariah said...

is there peanuts in them?

Kylie said...

Just chocolate chip cookies. No peanut biz. Come and get 'em!

Myriah Cohen said...

I'm terrible at cookie making.

Just terrible.

I don't know if it's my skill level or attitude that makes it all so terrible, but my kids probably won't know it's possible to make cookies at home. They will probably think cookies only come from the store or special bakeries, just like I had no idea you could make waffles at home or that pancakes don't always have to be whole wheat.