Wednesday, August 5, 2009

10 Months!

What? Skylar is 10 months old?! Cool!

I asked her how she felt about that. This was her response:

Notice the bottle lid in her hand, plus a second bottle lid on the ottoman behind her. These have become her favorite toys in the last several days. She smuggled one in her car seat when we went to Target yesterday.

It's been a month-o-learning/-o-growing. At her 9 month checkup (which was really at 9 1/2 months), Skylar measured 29 inches long and weighed 19.4 lbs. She's still in the 90th percentile for height (keep growing, kid!) and 50th for weight and head measurements.

I remain in the 30th height percentile.

During the past month she learned how to point. She just started pointing one day and she hasn't stopped. She points at everything, all day long. Point point point.

I just name everything she points at and hope she's cool with it.

Sky knows the cat's name. If we say "Where's Hero?" or "Where's Shme?" or "Meow?" she points at the door to the garage. Sometimes she points at the sliding glass door, where the cat can often be found begging to come inside with a random dead animal in her mouth.

She also discovered how fun toilet paper can be! I was clearly unprepared, simply leaving all bathroom doors open. Tempting her. Then I walked in on this:


Yes, she is holding the plunger in her right hand. We now keep all bathroom doors closed. Also, we have (Mike has) put cabinet locks on every lower cabinet in the kitchen. Bada-bing.

Oh yeah, and she's walking more. She's hard to catch on video if I don't have someone else to distract her from trying to get the camera. But here's what I was able to get without said help. A few steps for the grandparents out there:

5 comments:

Carla L. said...

Yeah, I get totally distracted by the carpet too...

Unknown said...

Hahaha I love how she flails her hands when she first starts walking. Cute.

Emily said...

you should totally teach her sign language. She'd have a lot to say. :)

Cute walking!

Brittany B said...

She's totally got Tanner beat on walking. It only takes once and you always remember to close bathroom doors.

Ashley Clark said...

Cute! I can't believe she's walking at 10 months.