Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Yard in Progress

Tomorrow our backyard will have the pleasure of meeting a bunch of sod. It will be charmed, I'm sure.


The sod will be laid on the dirt, and the yard in progress will be complete for the time being. Almost. The yard in progress will be nearly complete for the time being.

This year we decided to get the bare bones of the yard set up. Below you will find a list of things we intend for our backyard to have now or some future day.

Patio: Check!
Some plants: Check!
Trees: Check! (unfortunately the nursery was all sold out of the 4-in-1 apple tree, but we still got our coveted Honeycrisp Apple, along with a Weeping Cherry.)
Retaining wall: Next year
Planter boxes for veggie garden: Check!
Veggies planted: Not yet
Grass: Almost Check!
Play thing of some sort: Next year
Fire pit area: Some day
Arbor: Soonish

That's all for now. I will post some pictures later so you can see what's up, home slices.

Kylie: out!

3 comments:

Whittron said...

I was so excited about the 4 in 1 tree! Dang!

Myriah Cohen said...

Sigh.

I was hoping for pictures...

Leisa Waldron said...

I can't wait to see it. I just know it will be like a playland for kids by next year, and Kadie will love picking vegetables and fruit from your trees!