Happy Earth Day!
I know. Another post? Well, that is what happens when my kid takes a long nap. More for you!Two days ago, Mike and I went to a nursery to pick a baby. I mean to pick some plants for our backyard. We're very plant-friendly people, you know. It's because we love Earth, and also because we are landscaping our backyard this weekend.
Here's what we are considering:
Trees:
Honeycrisp Apple Tree ( x1)
Hybrid Apple Tree 4-in-1 (x1)
Honeycrisp Apple Tree ( x1)
Hybrid Apple Tree 4-in-1 (x1)
That's right. We intend to have 5 varieties of apples. We really love variety around here! Plus, how cool would it be to go up to your apple tree and be like, "Hmm...I think I'll have a Fuji. No! A Red Delicious!"
See what I mean? You can take your pick when you come to visit.
Shrubs:
Pampas Grass (x4)
Lavender (x2)
Sage, Blue or Russian ( x2)
Daylily, several varieties (x??)
Hibiscus (x1)
Grape Vines (x2)
Pampas Grass (x4)
Lavender (x2)
Sage, Blue or Russian ( x2)
Daylily, several varieties (x??)
Hibiscus (x1)
Grape Vines (x2)
I'm told grapes grow very well here. I'm more interested in the cool viny look; the fruit is a bonus.
Aside from these plants, we are planting a vegetable garden for the first time. We hope we'll end up with some fab produce from all this.
If all goes according to plan, I'm opening a driveway fruit/vegi stand.

8 comments:
I'm so excited for these apple trees, they sound fascinating!! And I love that you are growing vegetables too! So so fun! I feel like a garden is the capstone to being adult and self-sufficient.
Sweet! Can I sell tamales out of a cooler next to your fruit stand
The more, the merrier. We'll just start a little market up in here.
no. you crack me up. typing with ones hand. :)
And probably feeding a kid with the other while making jewelry and finishing a painting. You got mad skillz, sister!
we need to have a play day at your house so we can see you new backyard!
I know! They are laying the sod tomorrow; it's definitely a work in progress, but at least we'll have the bare bones: patio, grass and some plants!
Post a Comment