I'm supposed to be linking-up my article for She She Me right now. Instead I am reading people's blogs.
Also, I'm looking at a seed catalog. Yep, I'm turning Martha this year...if I can figure out how to plant a successful garden, that is. So far I've decided to plant some peppers. And probably some carrots.
I'm pretty sure Sky's nap won't last forever, but somehow it isn't enough motivation to work on links.
So...what else should I plant in my garden? Myr, go look at what is in your garden and tell me what to do.

7 comments:
Roses, I think you should plant roses-- but of course your WILL have to cut off the dead roses or else new roses will not bloom much -- so then you may as well cut them when they are in bloom and enjoy them in the house. Costco has some great Jackson Perkins roses right now at reasonable prices.
I've always wanted to raise veggies in a box but never got around to it -- there's a really good website that shows you how to do it and with Mike's excellent skills he could problably put a box together in a weekend --
http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/a-raised-vegetable-garden/index.html
Good Luck!
tomatoes...then you can make salsa! Or do you not like salsa? I can't remember. Hmmm...plant some snap peas, those are yummy. Or some snap dragons, those are good and very LaRue. Plant an orange tree. You love oranges!
Oops, guess I should preview for grammatical errors before I post-- but you know what I mean -- you will have to cut stuff that you plant, especially beautiful flowers.
Ooh, thanks Gabrielle! That site is great! I have looked on HGTV.com but I hadn't found that page. Woohoo!
Oh, and I know it's best to cut roses from rose bushes to encourage more growth. I mostly have a hard time cutting flowers from plants that only flower for a short time. Plus I'm sad that the flowers only last a few days once they're cut :(
Oh, we always plant bell peppers. Nice work. Also, we have an entire bed of srawberries. We have grapes, usually at least two different kinds of tomatoes, chives, carrots, swiss chard, green beans, zucchini, and mother is obsessed with butternut squash, and unfortunately butternut squash is obsessed with us. I get so tired of that squash..
Oh, and Dad likes to grow watermelon at Marie's, and sometimes potatoes.
Strawberries, I mean.
Thanks, I really like butternut squash! That's a great suggestion. And I was planning on some grapes; I just have to figure out which ones.
I have a feeling the strawberries would be gobbled up by all the birds around here, but maybe I'll get a little mesh thing to put over them if I plant them...
Post a Comment