Today was Skylar's 4-month well-baby checkup. I know! That's crazy...
Here's a picture of 4-month-old Sky:
I am sick, so Mike took some time off work to take Sky to her checkup. Thanks, Mikey!
Since I usually take her to the doctor, I required a full report of the checkup from Mike. He's becoming a professional at giving reports, so here's what happened:
- Sky was weighed and measured! She now weighs in at 14lbs, 6oz. That places her in the 75th percentile for weight. I was guessing 14.5lbs, so I wasn't too far off.
- Before you think "that's one chunky baby" (which I know you're thinking), she measured 25 1/4 inches. She is in the 90th percentile for height. (Side note: I am in the 10th percentile for height, so together we make 100%. Wicka wicka woot!)
- Her head is the same percentile as it's always been: 50%. She has a normal sized head for a 4-month old.
- We can now start her on rice cereal so she can learn to eat from a spoon. I think she will excel at this skill. She has a very active mouth. (Also, I know what's up, because last night I bought rice cereal and spoons. I guess I can see the future.)
Mike also reported to me that Skylar is very smart. She is in the 100th percentile for intellect.
They don't really measure that, but a mother knows these things.
Here's what Sky had to say about that comment:

Dr. Zucker was surprised to see that she is already showing separation anxiety. Apparently she cried when he held her, but stopped when he gave her back to Mike. Dr. Zucker said babies don't usually care who holds them until around 6 months. This is what Mike based his reasoning on.
Along with the normal measuring and weighing business, Sky had her second round of immunizations. She has three Garfield bandaids on her chubby little thighs and couldn't care less.
She's too happy to be bothered by shots.

7 comments:
I knew she would be a genius. Way to grow Skylar!
Aunts know these things, too.
Sorry you're not feeling well. I think she's 100% for intellect, also. She watches everything during church. Oh, I took Jmo to the doctor and... double ear infection. Fun for me. Next week he should be feeling better so we can go to the park.
Oh no! Poor Jmo. And poor you...
I'm hoping Sky won't catch whatever I have, because crying babies never make for a good time.
OK, she's beyond adorable, and as I have mentioned previously, we know she inherited her vast intellect and enormous thighs from me...it will payoff in the long run because she will be the first genius level Olympic high jumper.
She is so cute. I know you know that but she is. And I love the tongue picture. A little bit of Sass is needed if you want to be successful as a woman. :) She is a genius with street smarts.
Brie and I must have been soooo advanced because we hit the separation anxiety thing at birth. We cried if anyone other than our parents or grandma held us. Seriously. I hope I don't get babies like me.
Post a Comment