Monday, February 1, 2010

Catching Fire

I just finished "Catching Fire," the second book of the "Hunger Games" trilogy. The third book doesn't come out until August.


I loved it.

Talk about a cliffhanger.

If you haven't read these books you really need to get on board. I got into them because of book club and I just love them! The author, Suzanne Collins, does a great job making the chapters end in a way that makes you want to read all night. I've even got Mike reading them now!

This isn't intellectual reading by any means. It's not going to impact your life in some amazing way. This is easy, fast, entertaining reading. I mean, you can make it as deep as you want and start comparing the characters' circumstances to what life might bring in the future if our world continues on in the path it's on blah blah blah. Or you can just read it and enjoy it and stop worrying about when our children will be forced to off each other.

Read it--but don't whine to me if it's not up to par with your normal deep reading...

5 comments:

Whittron said...

my relief society just decided to read hunger games for february... I am so excited to read them again! and for everyone else to love them!

Emily said...

I <3 this book so much. The next book in the series comes out in August. Should be fantastic as well. Everyone I have recommended the book to so far has loved it.

Lindsay said...

kylie! I don't even remember how I found your blog, but i love it :) Everyone at work has been talking/reading the hunger games and I feel so out of the loop because I haven't read them! Maybe this weekend I'll start it!

*Linds

oh...and ps...add me to your blog! lindsaybowerman@gmail.com :)

LinnieBell said...

oh shoot...that last comment was from my work account! :)

Myriah Cohen said...

Wait.. was this your Goodreads review as well? I think it is... I'm gonna go check it check it.