Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Third Child

You might remember when we got our Scooba.


Do you?

Well, whether or not you do remember doesn't really matter to me because I frickin love it. This thing saves me HOURS of mopping and does fabulous work. Plus I got a rockin' deal on it.

We love technology in this house. No surprise there. That's what happens when you marry a programmer. Sometimes I think Mike would prefer our next child to be a robot so he could write code for it...

Anyway, this year we decided to combine our Valentine's Day gifts to get another iRobot. Yep! We added the Roomba 536 to our little collection. (I say "little" because when the Roomba showed up Mike immediately declared his desire to build up a whole robot army.) Another great deal with a 15% off coupon, making it an even better deal. Welcome to the family, little guy!

I shall call him "Roomba," and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy. I mean my Roomba.

So the Roomba showed up a few days ago and I have to say this: it is AMAZING. I mean, the amount of hair and dust this sucker picks up blows my mind.

Plus this confirms my belief that I am going bald. Seriously, where is all this hair coming from?

It does take about 25 minutes to thoroughly clean our family room floor (it even gets under the sofa and ottoman), so if I was in a hurry to vacuum before someone came over I'd whip out the ol' upright. For everyday use, though, it is just great. Today I let it vacuum the family room and kitchen while I dusted, took the leaf out of the table and washed dishes. Now the whole great room area is clean!

Maybe you should come over for a demonstration? I'd be happy to show it to you. You'll want one by the time you leave.

But no, you can't take it home to try it out.

5 comments:

Brittany B said...

We must have the older model, because ours did not so such nice work. Or maybe it did, and I am lazy. That thing would fill up so fast that I'd have to empty it every 10 minutes. So instead I stuck to my upright. Maybe eventually I'll get it unpacked and try again.

Kylie said...

Yeah, Brittany. Give it another try! Maybe it just found all the dust under the couches like mine did and that's why it filled up so fast? Now that I've been using it for a few days it can do several rooms and run out of battery before it's full of crap.

Mike said...

Hmm... I would like a robot kid that I could program! How did you know?

Carolyn said...

That's awesome! I've heard great things about them.

Myriah Cohen said...

I've been trying to get my mother to purchase one. What is the point of living in 2010 if we don't have a household robot?