That stands for "Gmail Addicts Anonymous." Just in case you couldn't figure it out on your own, obvious as it is.
Although my posting this makes it public knowledge, right? No. Private knowledge. Because my blog is now private.
I am addicted to Gmail.
I truly am. I couldn't possibly tell you how many times per day I check my email. I have a laptop on my kitchen counter, and if that isn't convenient enough I also have Gmail accessible on my iPod so I can check it, say, in bed. Which I do every night and morning, and sometimes when I wake up at 3AM and can't get back to sleep.
(I'm also very loyal to Gmail and feel a pang of sadness whenever someone tells me an email address that ends with @yahoo or @hotmail. Or, Heaven forbid, @aol or @juno. This is 2010, people.)
I don't believe this is a problem that requires some kind of intervention. What I need to say is this: when I am busy, reading a really awesome book, out of town or have visitors at my house I am not checking my email often.
On those days, I might check my email only 2-4 times (and I'm starting to learn this is how normal people live). That tends to freak some people out since they are so used to me replying to emails at super-human speed.
Just calm down. My iPod is helping to rectify this problem, but my email responsiveness will still be lame at busy times.
That said, please alert the police if it's been more than 24 hours. Go ahead and assume I'm missing.

6 comments:
I, too am a GAA. and I don't trust anyone who isn't.
I actually have it set up on my blog that you can't comment unless you are commenting from a gmail account.
Whitney! I always know you're with me on this one. You are true Google blue, my friend. Gmail power.
I have my email open all the time on my desktop computer. I'm an addict, too.
My gmail is always open too, and sits on the table next to the couch. And, I have to say.. I still have juno account. It was my first email and I can't close it out. Only junk mail goes to it, though. Don't ask me why I just don't cancel it.
What's Juno?
Post a Comment