Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Terrarium? Fun!

I am so excited!


My parents gave me a Home Goods gift card for my birthday and I went to town! I found these lame wall things for $2 each, and I plan to make them awesome. I just have to figure out what to do with them first...

I also got a new dress for Sky, a belt, a rug for the bathroom, a cool box to hold my extensive collection of crafting materials (glue gun, extra glue sticks and large bottle of Mod Podge), and an awesome big vase that I plan to turn into a terrarium.

I found this great orchid site and ordered two mini orchids for my terrarium. Even with shipping costs I paid what I would have for just one mini phal at the local nursery. I love shopping online. I can't wait for them to come!

You might think I'm a nerd, but I don't care. I wish more people got excited about plants the way I do. I mean, there's a lemon tree in my kitchen. Aren't you jealous of how close I am to nature?

3 comments:

Whittron said...

I am!!!

Man, I haven't talked to you in forever!!! When is a good time to call and catch up??

Carla L. said...

you have such a green thumb!!! A really good idea would be to make a terrarium FOR YOUR MOTHER! I think I could possibly keep something alive that took care of itself...

Kylie said...

Oh, you know Whit. Just call me any time! As long as I'm not in the middle of changing a diaper I will answer. :)

Mom, if you buy the stuff I will assemble it for you. Apparently it's not super cheap...but it's not crazy expensive either.