Monday, April 28, 2008

Graduation!

Well, he's done it! Mike has graduated from BYU with a BS in Computer Science. Here he is looking deep in thought.

Friday morning bright and early (seriously...it was too early) we had the privilege of watching Mikey jaunt around in his cap and gown. It has certainly been a long time coming and Mike couldn't be more relieved! (And let's face it, I couldn't be happier myself!)

Mike's family came out for the grand occasion and it's been fun to have them all here. We have also worked their butts off in the basement and garage. I'm pretty sure they'll be sore for about a week! But more on the basement work later. Here are some pictures from Mikey's big day!

This one is of me and Mike's family being proud. We have Nick on the right, then me (suprise!), then Ted and Gabrielle.

Unfortunately, the pictures that were taken of Mike actually walking and shaking hands and whatnot ended up as giant blurs. I sent Nick off to where Mike was seated for a more crisp photo. Yep, he walked right up to the isle where Mike was seated.

And here is the whole fam.
(As you can see, I'm not looking extremely pregnant in this photo. If you take a closer look, you'll find that the buttons are under a lot of stress in the belly region. However, Gabrielle commented this weekend that I am looking "positively preggers." I think it all depends on what I'm wearing, among other things.)

Mikey's graduation is the first of several big steps we will be taking this year. We hope things will calm down a little and we certainly hope our house will sell soon. But for now, we are happy to have one major goal accomplished!

4 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Man, Nick should have come to my graduation, then maybe i would have some good pictures, but alas, i do not.

Oh well....

But congratulations on the graduation!

Woot woot!

(that "woot woot" is for you, Mikey.)

Unknown said...

Congrats Mike! And what a cute little pregy lady you are!

Scott and Kristine said...

Congrats Mike! Are you taking off soon or do we have time for one last hurah? Would love to see ya. I think I might give you a call today....

Leisa Waldron said...

Mike - you look smarter, and like a professional now that you have graduated. You kind of always looked that way though. Kylie - your huge belly is all in your head. You look so cute. You have the prego glow there chickie!