One of my BFs, Heather, visited this weekend from sunny California. Unfortunately the sun decided to wait until after she left to move in on Utah. I guess that means she got a pretty accurate feel for this weather-confused state.
We had a somewhat eventful few days visiting Park City (where Heather got her first taste of snow--well...she didn't actually taste it, but she certainly touched it and then fell in it), going to lunch, dinner, a family baptism after-party (makes it sound more exciting to call it an after-party, no?) and hitting up the mall.
Oh, and let's not forget the Omniture Throw Down!!!!!
What the frick is the Omniture Throw Down? Well, the Omniture Throw Down was the ultimate rock-paper-scissors competition. Yes, it was an RPS tournament to remember, one they aim to put in the Guinness Book of World Records, which we have forever commemorated in this photo:As you can see, Mike is showing off his "paper" skills while I've donned the "rock" and Heather has whipped out the "scissors." You'd think our chances of winning would have rocked.
Unfortunately, we were all eliminated in the first round. First place received a big check (by "big check" I am referring to one of those giant checks they give to charities and whatnot) for $3,000, second place received a big check for $1,500, and third place took home some flippy video camera (it was probably called the "Flip-O-Matic" or something like that). There was also a raffle...we didn't win.
With no big checks or video cameras in hand, we felt a bit screwed out of our $5 admission fee. But we did leave with cool RPS Throw Down t-shirts and a little bit of food in our tummies. And, of course, the memories.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
RPS Throwdown!
Posted by Kylie at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
this is fantastic! how did you hear about it?
Apparently they had stuff all over BYU campus and Mike told us about it. I should have told you! You would have come!
What an excellent way to spend an afternoon. I've always wanted to participate in this... but to be honest, have never had the guts. The t-shirts are always pretty cool, so I'm glad you got one of those.
You guys look like rock-paper-scissors pros! I'm surprised you didn't come home with the big check.
Tell me about it! We had such high hopes.
i probably stared at that picture for a full 5 minutes before i found Mike's "paper."
Well, he's very sly with his "paper" flashing.
Post a Comment