So I have officially started showing, which apparently tells people I must have a name picked out for my little kiddo. That is, if they can distinguish between "showing" and looking chubby. Heather says I'm in the awkward stage between chubby and pregnant, but I think it's becoming more apparent that I'm pregnant because people are getting brave enough to ask when I'm due. I love how nervous and awkward people are! I love people.
The fact of the matter is that I (we) do not have names picked out. I (we) have decided that I (we) will pick...wait--side note. Mike is reading over my shoulder and now he's asking me if I have a name picked out.
Anyway, we are waiting to find out whether we're having a boy or girl before we really delve into the name business. I think that way it will be more exciting. It will also be WAY less time consuming because we'll only have to check out boy OR girl names, not both! I'm down with that.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
What's in a Name?
Posted by Kylie at 5:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh man, oh man.
What if you think you are going to have a girl and then bam! It is really a boy.
You don't want your boy's name to be Stella, do you?
Well, i suppose you could just modify any girls name to make it manly.
Like Stellaman.
Or Susanator.
Anne-Drew.
All of these are acceptable female turned male names.
Well, do what you wish.
You have a valid concern. I feel confident that they will tell me the right sex, though. I'll have a backup just in case, but I will focus most of my efforts on whatever sex they tell me it will be.
Clearly I can always turn to you to come up with a quick fix!
I love Stella. If it is a boy just add an "o" or an "n" on the end and it sounds manly. Please don't revert to the days we were in elementary school and we wanted all of our kids to end in "ZIE". Oh wait a minute there. Take your middle name. McKay if it is a boy or girl or if you want it really girly. McKayzie. Kidding.
You seem to have forgotten that I am Kylie and not Alex. My middle name is McCall, not McKay...but I forgive you. Mom & Dad kind of set us up for middle name confusion (McCall, McKell, McKay...weird).
Do try again sometime! :)
Post a Comment