Sunday, November 1, 2009

"I Was Wearing Your Pants"

We all know I wear the pants in this relationship. Mike doesn't dispute this.

Friday, Mike came home from work in his Halloween outfit. He'd thrown it together that morning and I think it was pretty dang creative. He was "Canadian special forces." Basically he wore a bunch of random gear (climbing gear, clamp things, ski pants, wetsuit, C-4 made from styrofoam, baseball cap). He probably looked just like a Canadian special forces dude.

Somehow I didn't get a picture. I suck, I know.

Anyway, when he got home I told him our neighbor needed his help, so he went to change his clothes. He came out of the bedroom and said, "Feels so much better to be in jeans!"

He shoved his cell phone in his pocket and started to walk out the front door. Then he came back in and said something like, "Umm...I gotta get something," and went into our bedroom. I was getting some food for Sky and not paying much attention to Mike.

Turns out, when Mike went to change into jeans he put my jeans on. He claims they were folded on the bed next to his.

Mike: "They're the same color! And they were right next to mine!" (Kylie's thoughts: And the same size? Frick.)
Kylie: "How could you not tell when you put them on?"
Mike: "They were the right length..." (If that confuses you, you should know that this particular pair of jeans is hemmed to be worn with heels.)
Kylie: "So when did you realize you had my jeans on?!"
Mike: "Well...the pockets are so small. I tried to put my phone in my pocket and it wasn't working."
Kylie: "Oh, Mike..."

So what should we gather from this experience?

Apparently Mike thought that by wearing my pants, he would therefore wear the pants in this relationship.

How'd that work out, Mikey?

7 comments:

AnnEE said...

Hands down wins best post of the week. HILARIOUS.

And, wow, can you start feeding your man, because you, my friend, are SKINNY, so what does that make him? :)

Mike said...

Well... right now I'm wearing pants and you're in a skirt. I guess that means that I now where the pants!

Carolyn said...

This is hilarious. I can't believe it!

The Peterson Life said...

Don't leave your underwear laying around.

Unknown said...

haha too funny! I love Sky's halloween outfit. She is getting so big and is so cute!

Leisa Waldron said...

Hilarious...ah Shmikey!

Brittany B said...

Hilarious that he didn't notice till he was almost out of the house.