Thursday, November 19, 2009

"We're not getting any."

I took Sky a month ago for her 1 year check-up. She got 4 shots, one of which was a flu immunization. The doctor told me, "She'll get one shot today. Bring her back in a month for a booster."


So this morning I called to ask when to bring her in for her booster shot.

Receptionist: "We don't have any."
Me: "Okay. Do you know when you'll have them?"
Receptionist: "We're not getting any."
Me: "I'm talking about just a regular booster shot. Not H1N1."
Receptionist: "We won't be getting any in."
Me: "THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE HER THE FIRST SHOT AND TELL ME TO BRING HER BACK IN A MONTH?!"
Receptionist: (suddenly friendlier and reasonable-sounding) "Oh! Well...that first one is 90-95% effective anyway, so she should be fine."

I cannot tell you how pissed I am. That's right: I'm pissed. This is the second winter in a row this pediatrician has simply decided not to give flu shots.

I'm switching to a new pediatrician. Recommendations? (Don't say Pediatric Associates or you'll get a slap!)

3 comments:

Our Little Family said...

Oh my goodness! That is SO wrong. I agree with you...it is about time that you switch pediatricians. Whenever I take Kimball in for her shots, the office is always "out" of infant tylenol. Seriously aggravating!

Lisa Curtis said...

Summit Pediatrics!! They have 2 offices but all the Dr's I've seen and are wonderful. My only complaint is that the office I go to is a long drive.

Kylie said...

Ashley, that is annoying. I always give Sky Tylenol before we leave for the same reason!

Thanks, Lisa--I'll check that office out!