My neighbors across the street are collecting milk cartons on their driveway.
Well, they were on the driveway. Now they are lining their perimeter with them or something:
(This picture is out of focus because I was trying to be sneaky and forgot to focus it. I was afraid to try again. Also, you should know they are the Costco cartons I blogged about here.)
So anyway, this started about a week ago. They are now up to 4 cartons. I was telling this to Myriah, when there were only 3 cartons. This is the gyst of the conversation:
Myr: "Are they Asian?"
Me: "Well...yes. How did you know that?!"
Myr: "Asian people do that."
Me: "What? Since when?"
Me: "What? Since when?"
Myr: "Always. Sometimes they plant flowers in them."
Me: "I have lived by lots of Asian people and they've never done this!"
Myr: "Well...oh well. It's what they do."
I tried to Google this, to find out why my neighbors would be torturing me with their damn milk cartons. This is not a trash heap! I don't get it. Google didn't get it either.
This morning Mike was rinsing out an empty carton and said, "Should I go give this to the neighbors?"
Oh, they also only cook in the garage. They have an outdoor stove setup in their garage and the wife ONLY cooks out there. I'm not sure what they eat for breakfast, but I see her cooking lunch and dinner in the garage every day.
Mike said maybe they don't want their house to smell like food. I said, "Then why don't they eat something that won't smell up their house?" Good point, Kylie!
And, because they cook in their garage, they don't park in it. They have a two-car and a one-car garage, but none of their 4 cars have ever been parked in any of the garages.
I say "4 cars" because apparently they have other Asian people living there. The owners of the house are a husband and a wife--the husband is really nice (he helped me drill a hole in a pot) and the wife is nice, but doesn't speak much English. But they also have 3 other guys living with them. People are in and out of that house ALL DAY LONG. They are all Asian.
I just don't get those cartons.
Must be an Asian thing.


7 comments:
oh dear. it's definitely drugs.
Nope, not drugs. It's tapioca. They are making tapioca. It would explain the milk cartons, and it would explain the cooking in the garage.
The real kitchen is being used for the production of tapioca.
I've been reading a lot of Nancy Drew lately, so if I were you I would probably believe my theory.
That is really strange. Maybe they are just trying to make cheese! I mean wouldn't the sun help ferment some milk?
Want me to steal them for you? Then you can see if they re-appear. Maybe they're trying to put sand and candles in them for Halloween instead of bags. Then they'd have burnt plastic on the driveway instead. Hmmm, good luck with that.
I have 2 more if you would like me to bring them over i would be happy too!!!!
greg wants a kitchen in the garage because i hate stinky smells. i don't cook the first 12 weeks when i'm pregnant...you've given me a crazy asian idea...
I don't know about these tapioca and cheese theories guys, but way to be creative!
Mike says they are trying to ward off the horses.
Brittany, you are a natural-born thief. You really have a talent! But I guess you should probably leave the cartons there. They might really stink or something.
Sariah: I hated the smell of food cooking in my first trimester, too! We mostly ate cereal and sandwiches.
My mah says call the fire department because they should not be cooking in their garage!
Post a Comment