Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Bountiful Harvest

Remember that garden we planted earlier in the year?

This garden?

Well, it was a semi-success! Check out all the peppers I just harvested!


Two green bells and a bunch of jalapenos.

This is my second jalapeno harvest. And there are still more peppers on the plants! I just don't know what to do with all of them. Who wants some?

Sky helped us pick the peppers. Then she carried them around the yard for a while.


The bell peppers haven't been as successful as the jalapenos, but there are still a few on the plants that will ripen to red, and frankly I'm happy to have even one pepper out of my lame first-time effort.

Oh, and we have tons of basil! Look:


Also, the carrots are coming along nicely. Didn't take a picture of those yet.

Thanks for looking! We'll see you next time, on So You Think You Can Garden!

2 comments:

The Peterson Life said...

I could puree them and use it as a punishment for when Rams back talks, whines, throws food. We would need a lot of peppers.

Myriah Cohen said...

You have a few options:

-Can them and then leave them on your shelf forever in the spirit of preparedness, or give them away at Christmas. You know, a nice jar of jalapeno peppers is always appreciated. (remember that ancient can of spaghetti-os in Regency?)

-Dry them and use them as Thanksgiving table decorations.

-Take the pigment from the pepper and use it as paint.

-Use the seeds as a natural facial exfoliant. It will give you a natural glow, I'm pretty sure.