This is so funny, I had to link to it!
Last week, I was teaching the 10th Article of Faith in Primary and realized I didn't quite know the correct way to pronounce the word "paradisiacal."
Naturally, 2 or 3 teachers decided to help me out. Then several more people started shouting out different pronunciations of the word. Finally I just mumbled my way through that part with a generally acceptable version of the word in question.
So as I'm sitting here singing the song so I won't make a fool out of myself in front of a bunch of kids and their teachers at church tomorrow, I found myself facing that dang word again. I decided to Google "pronounce paradisiacal."
Perfect! Thanks, Organic Baby Farm lady in Tooele!
(By the way, if you know how to pronounce Tooele, I pronounce you "Mormon enough.")

5 comments:
"Too-wheel-uh"
I never doubted you, sis!
You forgot on "e". Tooele. I asked Kevin the first time we drove to SL to pronounce it, then laughed when he couldn't.
Oh, lol! Thanks Brittany. I fixed it.
we have a friend from there...it's two-whil-uh. her pronouncing it to me, and since she grew up there, i assume she's right.
but it will always be tool from 2001-2005...cause i didn't know her all those times driving from provo to reno for all the trips home. hahaha
and i'm going pear a dice icle. like popsicle. am i close or wrong? shoot i'm glad i'm in nursery.
Post a Comment