(This post title certainly does not refer to pregnancy in any respect. You can relax. Read on!)
Having just moved and settled into our new place in Reno, we had some shopping to do. I'm talking food, people--we needed food. Heaven knows I love food more than ever these days!
Naturally we went to Costco. I was surprised to find the following container claiming to hold milk! At first I was sure they were selling refrigerated chlorine or some other random chemical, but no. This is milk:And it even says on the label "Produced without artificial growth hormone" so I dare say the chemical makeup of the substance within these foreign jugs is at a minimum.
Here is a side-by-side of the traditional milk jug and Costco's new attempt at saving on shipping costs (you buy two of these suckers shrink wrapped together--no boxes--but still square, so they ship happily). I just thought it would put things into perspective:
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Milking It the New Way
Posted by Kylie at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you very much for this enlightening post. I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition in that last picture. It really brought things home for me.
And also we have that same spice rack.
Sooo weird, really... I was very confused at the shape of these milk cartons. However, they do pour nicely and have a wonderful screw-on cap.
I think it is so weird. I have seen those before, but our Costco still has the normal ones. Maybe people in Reno are terrified of pesticides or something???
Post a Comment