Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh, Bother...

I'm getting very bothered by not being able to update this blog. My once-trusty computer is on hiatus. It's very lame and makes me sad.


Although I can't put up any pictures, I've decided it's time for an update! Here's what's happened in the past two weeks:
  • We're in our new home and still unpacking. Oh, and if you happen to know a great place to buy blinds and shutters share the wealth!
  • Mike, Sky and I went to California to visit our families over Christmas. We had fun and came back home with our cats, Hero and Oliver, who were staying at my parents' house. Unfortunately Olly has disappeared since we've been back, but Hero is staying close to home. Sky thinks she's pretty cool.
  • Sky learned how to roll over a few days ago and is now a pro! She refuses to lay on her back now that she knows how to get to her tummy.
  • We have decided to stop swaddling Sky when she sleeps and now no one is getting any sleep! She really likes to be swaddled, but now that she can roll we don't want her getting stuck on her tummy. Anyone have any solutions here?? We're tired!
  • I finally bought myself an orchid.
  • My parents and brothers stopped by to see us on their way home from Utah. Fun!
  • Mike threw out some old socks.

4 comments:

Kaylene said...

haha so what's the secret to the disposal of old socks? it'd be blog-worthy around here, too :)

Myriah Cohen said...

So you finally got an orchid, huh? Congrats. I think your last one died in Regency. Is that accurate? What was that, 2005?

emilein said...

Wow. Time passes by so quickly. I can't believe she's rolling over now. Consider yourself lucky, or fortunate that she likes her tummy. :) As to the solution about her sleeping I would check on www.babycenter.com under the "get answers" section. It has saved me on a few occasions. Good luck!

Leisa Waldron said...

I predict Sky will be an early crawler/walker. :)