I can now officially have a quarter-life crisis, but I don't plan to. I can also now rent a car without having to pay extra fees. Wicka wicka woot! (Shout out to Myriah!)
I've decided to create a list of 25 memorable things from my life so far. Let's see what I can come up with! Because I'm doing this on the fly, they won't really be in any particular order (except for the first two--I already know what those are!).
Here we go:
1. Mikey. So glad I found such an amazing husband! And to think it all started with Monty Python and the Holy Grail...
2. Sky. Not the whole "being pregnant and having her" bit, but the other parts. Like how last week she was almost asleep, but still did raspberries all the way to her room, eyes closed, while Mikey carried her to her crib.
3. Moving. Too much moving. I'm staying here for at least 4 years!
4. The day I got my first pet. It was a hermit crab. I don't remember his name, but I remember he killed off Leisa and Morgan's hermit crabs, so he was King of the Cage. So I guess we can say he was pretty awesome.
5. BYU. Some fun times and some great roomies. Also, some pretty weird jobs. Let's remember that next--
6. Weird jobs. I've been a janitor, a babysitter of football players and soccer stars, a tutor, a PR rep, an online marketing instructor extraordinaire, a babysitter, a pet sitter, a nanny, an ice-cream concoction creator, an assistant several times over, teacher of children with disabilities, an envelope stuffer, a freelance writer and, of course, a UPS Store packer and shipper.
7. Three years ago, at Target, when the girl at the returns counter wanted to know if I'd like cash back or "would you prefer it to go back on your credit card? Oh, or is it your mom's credit card?"
8. The time when Myriah shoved Liz into the bathtub because Liz wouldn't stop talking.
9. Sticky flower fights and tape-recorder commercials with Whitney. Also, nummy nummy guys and traveling the world at recess.
10. The time Leisa said I was going to kill her husband and daughter. I'm still hoping that was from the hormones.
11. When Morgan ran away on foot.
12. Buying Heroditus with Mikey in Maui, then finding out Heroditus died because I turned off the heater while we were away to California. Then keeping Heroditus' stump for 3 years until we moved to Reno.
13. Whistler with the Comfolteys. That was a fun trip.
14. When Dad bought us Sammy, even though we only had him for a couple of months. It was pretty impressive that we could talk him into buying us a puppy after he specifically told us, "we can go into the pet store, but we are not buying any pets." Oh, and how Morgan wanted to name the puppy Jasmine, even though we pointed out he was a boy.
15. Alex falling off the kitchen table repeatedly.
16. "NickyBig pull JoshyBaby's winky."
17. Thinking my parents bought a houseboat when they told us we were going to live on a lake in southern California.
18. BK boarding and coning in Danville, sometimes with my unlikely sidekick, Hka.
19. Morgan's Ann of Green Gables days. "It's always been a dream of mine to fly, in an airplane, with my whole family to Hawaii...where the air will smell sweet. Like pineapples. And we can see our feet in the beautiful ocean."
20. Getting a massive sugar-high off SqeezeIts at Girls Camp. Also, sharing an A-frame with Kristine every year.
21. Making great friends in random places.
22. Getting in trouble because the vacuum lines in the shag carpet weren't straight. Also, ripping open and dumping out a very full vacuum bag because I was sure I had vacuumed up several pennies while vacuuming said shag carpet.
23. Catching lizards with my sisters in the sand dunes of Utah and how we always tried to catch pregnant ones so we would have lizards forever.
24. Watching movies with Alex next to me.
25. The looks on other people's faces when my whole family is laughing.
So much more I could add to that list. It's been a great 25 years and I am so looking forward to the next 25!

10 comments:
Hahaha!!! I am cracking up. Yes...let's say that was the hormones. Sorry for that. Bwaaaahahaha!
You forgot to write about how you used to find money EVERYWHERE! Remember...a $20 here, a $5 there. Can you pass that luck onto me?
I definitely should have added the money finding bit. I was like a little treasure hunter! And it wasn't just pennies...I could have been the richest kid I knew if Mom and Dad would have let me keep the loot!
I'm glad traveling the world at recess made it on the list.
Skylar is adorable!
What? People actually STARE at us when we are laughing? I wonder why...?
Yeah, sorry about the whole vacuum lines thing. It's all in the past, since I have become so in tune with my inner OCD fanatic. So in tune, in fact, that I no longer even vacuum!!!
I made the list! Long live girls camp
Hope you had a great birthday! By the way, Kev was laughing so hard last night at Arrested Development (I was too, but he was louder).
Woot! I made it to number 1! Happy birthday baby!
Of course you did! Thanks, babe!
Post a Comment