Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America

For the first time ever, I watched the Presidential Inauguration. 


I was so happy to hear an invocation offered with such respect and love for God and Christ. I was so proud to hear so many of our leaders, new and old, openly say, "God bless America." I am proud to see that our country still shows public respect for our God who gives us the rights and freedoms we so often take for granted; to see our new leaders swear oath on the Bible. 

In a country where the freedom of religion is being threatened by those who do not believe in God--where those who do not believe find it offensive to hear God's name spoken--I am so grateful to see that our leaders are not afraid to express their religous beliefs in such public settings. It truly makes me proud to be an American.

God Bless America.

2 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

I'm with you, Ky-ster. (That was like "Sister" but with your name.)

I appreciate this post. I have great hope for this country, and it is founded on the belief that with God all things are possible.

Kylie said...

Well thank you! It is not often that you'll find a serious post on this blog. And I very much agree with you.