We took Skylar on her first ever zoo trip to the Oakland Zoo while we were in California two weekends ago. What a great zoo! Somehow I had never been there before either. Good thing Leisa's zoo pass encouraged us all to go!
Sky seriously LOVED it! The very first exhibit we went up to was the chimpanzee exhibit. She looked in the cage, saw the chimps up in the trees and started to make monkey sounds. Then she turned to me and said, "More! More!"
She said "more!" a lot that day. Probably 5000 times. Mind you, that's just a rough estimate.
Here are some random zoo enjoyment shots:
Sky and Kadie were buddies. Kadie would hold her hand while they walked and lift her up when she couldn't see over the fences. So cute! Kadie is such a great cousin!
Check out those red monkey butts! I asked the big baboon why his butt was red and he answered, "Because I am a baboon...and you are not." The big dude had a whole harem of baboon babes grooming him. He was a stud.
There was even a slide at the zoo. A slide! Man, this kid loves slides...when she saw it I thought we'd be stuck at that slide for the rest of the day.
We actually drove that morning from Reno to Orinda, dropped our stuff off and went straight to the zoo. Completely skipped the whole nap thing. Mike and I weren't showered. Stop judging us. I can't believe you would just judge us like that without hearing the whole story!
One of our last stops was Meerkat Manor where we let Sky and Laney play in the tunnel:
Look at these babes we found by the elephants!
This was such a fun trip. We wish we lived closer to a great zoo like this one! Reno has a zoo, and after tomorrow I'll be able to tell you what it's like. We're going with Christy and Mia (Sky's little bff). Woohoo!









2 comments:
this was such a fun day! We definitely need to get these adorable little cousins together more often!
I love the family picture; it makes me so happy! And you don't even look like you haven't showered...amazing! Sounds like a fun day.
Post a Comment