Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anger Management

Exercise brings my anger out.


I've been going on regular speed walks with a friend at night. You know how much I hate running. We walk 4+ miles, depending on what time we start. Monday we walked at least 6 miles. One day last week I took Sky on a 3 1/2 mile walk, then went walking that night, probably another 4-6 miles. Once we hiked the mountain behind my house; that was a killer.

All this exercise is making me an angry person. I feel like I have to go on a huge walk every night to get all my anger out, and when I miss a day or two I am ready to bite someone's head off.

Example: I planted an herb garden about two months ago. From seed. It was doing SO great! But then I put it outside and it became inundated with gnats (what the crap?!), so I left it outside to try to figure out how to get rid of the gnats. In the meantime, Reno decided to bring snow back in style and now my basil is dead. DEAD! I am so mad. I can't even put this anger into words. I took such fabulous care of my herbs for the past two months! I couldn't bring them in because of the Reno gnats.

And now I hate Reno--hate hate hate--with it's gnats and it's snow in late April and it's freaking WIND killing off my tomato plant and all the ugly tumbleweeds everywhere and the ridiculous amounts of rock everywhere you look.

Why do people want to live here forever?? Did you know Nevada is at the very very very tail end of the education line in the US? As soon as our house can sell for a profit we are out. Maybe even before that. I'll just rent the dang house!

My plants are dead and all my hard work was destroyed in 2 nights. If Reno was a person, I would kick him where it counts. Clearly Reno would be a "him." 

I didn't go for a walk last night. I didn't go for a walk at all yesterday because it was too damn cold to go out. Yes, I said damn.

See what I mean? Anger. 

I never should have started exercising...

3 comments:

Whittron said...

woAh! Kylie, this is cracking me up... does that make you even more mad?

Other than making you angry, are you loving the speed walking?

Leisa Waldron said...

Hurry, find some chocolate, and a diet coke. You will feel better. CA isn't far ahead in the school line either. But the weather is better, sorry. I will be there soon, you can have a wack at me.

Kylie said...

Whitney, I love it. Leisa said I have muscles in my calves now. My CALVES! I have never had calf muscle in my life!