Friday, September 19, 2008

Two Calls; That's All!

With my due date only two weeks away, Mike is on call.

Two calls. That's all.

Mikey gets busy at work and often misses calls or ignores his phone if it rings while he's typing away or in a meeting. Because he is concerned that he would miss my "it's hospital time" phone call, he has developed what he calls the "Two Calls; That's All" philosophy.

If his phone is called two times in a row, Mike will answer it. No matter what. Even if he is meeting with the CEO. Yep, he's pretty serious about it.

Of course, this only applies to calls coming from my cell or our home phone and it is his backup plan in case he misses my first call. The chances of him missing any phone call from me at this point are pretty low--in fact, he has picked up the habit of calling me during the day just to check up on me.

Mikey...I promise I'm not going to pull a fast one on you! I will call you should I find myself in labor. You have the car, remember? As long as you don't leave the car at home I really have no choice but to call you up! Plus I need you to carry bags to the car.

3 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

Mikey, excellent work with the Two Calls; That's All! Policy.

There needed to be a Policy in that house, and I am glad you now have one.

Leisa Waldron said...

I love it. Good ole Mikey. I am glad he is such a great husband and willing to drive you to the hospital and everything. I would feel so bad if you had to walk!

Kelli Nicole said...

With my vast experience and knowledge on labor and child birth, everyone goes into labor in the middle of the night on a full moon, so you won't even need to make any calls! Unless Mike is working reeeeeaaalllly late. And the next full moon is October 14th, so it looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer than you hoped for :).