When I took biology in high school and in college, I used to shorten long words to enable myself to take more notes while the teacher/professor was instructing us. One of those words I liked to shorten was "chromosomes." I used to write "chromies."
That doesn't really have anything to do with Google Chrome, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the word "chrome" so I thought I'd share that little tidbit of miscellaneous Kylie trivia with you all. See how much better you know me?
So anyway, Mike came home from work Wednesday all excited about Google's new browser: Google Chrome. I downloaded it yesterday and I gotta say: it's pretty great. It has a cool feature where you can browse incognito. This is great for checking bank accounts and such.
And good news, tab lovers! When you decide to open a PDF file and it inevitably crashes your browser window (as PDF files so often do), it will only close that one tab instead of the many tabs you have open at the time because each tab is it's own process. Nice thinking, Google.
Oh, and it has this great little built-in home page with links to your most visited sites, recently visted sites and several search engine search windows so you can search to your heart's desire.
It does have one major flaw, however, and I can only hope they'll get their act together and fix it seeing as Chrome is still in BETA version. The problem? My widget doesn't show up! Hello, Google...there are only so many days left of my widget's life! Sigh.
Anyway, check it out! I love Google. :)

2 comments:
Oh man, I am so happy to know you are using the chrome!
I have been crushing chrome all week long!
I knew you'd have Chrome. I knew it. I love that you love all things Google. It just shows how we really do have something in common!
Post a Comment