Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Impatiently Waiting

Anxious isn't a word I use often because I think it implies that I'm nervous. I'm not nervous, I'm anxious, and Merriam-Webster's third definition of anxious states: "ardently or earnestly wishing." Maybe a better word to use altogether is anticipating? I'm feeling rather anticipitous? I made that one up.


On Monday Mike and I hopped on over to the OB's for a checkup. The doc told me I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Mike got pretty excited and was ready to drive over to the hospital until we (the doctor and I) burst his happy bubble by telling him it could still be weeks before the baby decides she's ready to come. Poor Mikey.

I realize now that it has only been 2 days since Monday, but I feel like it has been at least 3. The days are going very slowly and the contractions are sneaky. Sometimes they're happening, making us think we will have a baby soon; then nothing. Like last night. And this morning.

For me this is a little annoying. I'm ready for the baby. Her clothes are washed, her blankets are washed, her carseat is all washed and prepped; I even cleaned all the pump parts even though I won't need it right away. Mike put together an overnight bag last night because he was convinced we would be heading to the hospital soon. I hope he's right. We are way too excited to wait another 3 weeks!

Maybe I'll go for a walk...

5 comments:

Whittron said...

I love this so much.

Myriah Cohen said...

Everything is washed!

How much more ready could you get?!

Scott and Kristine said...

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Kylie said...

Baby furniture is set up, too. She has somewhere to sleep and somewhere to swing. Now I really don't know what is left to do! I've even washed her tiny little bathrobe and put stuff in the diaper bag.

And thanks, Kristine! :)

Whittron said...

I'm excited to hear her name! Is it decided? Is it going to be a surprise?

I love surprises!