Saturday, February 9, 2008

Preliminary '2008 Firsts' List

(Disclaimer: this is a preliminary list, meaning the items described are anticipated and not necessarily written in stone. In other words, the list is subject to change. If it does, a secondary list will be provided. Thank you!)

The word is officially out: we are pregnant!

Yep, this will be a year of firsts for the Comfolteys. Let me list our firsts for 2008:
  • I just turned 24 in January (it's the first time I've been 24, believe it or not!).
  • I also just created my first widget. No, that's not a nickname for the baby. My widget is that little baby countdown guy you see on the right side of the page. I am freaking awesome. This must be why Leisa calls me 'Lord of the HTML'...
  • Mike will graduate in April. It will be his first bachelor's degree. Yay!
  • We're taking our first real vacation in May--Hawaii, here we come!
  • We'll be moving to Houston in May, hopefully after we sell our house. So this will mark our first sold home! It will also mark the first time either of us has lived in Texas.
  • Mike will be starting his first real job on June 2nd. Exxon Mobil, the wonderful company it is, will be paying for said first baby. Who doesn't love free babies?
  • Of course, we'll be having our first baby sometime around October 9th. That's what kicked off this list, but I prefer to order things chronologically. Once the baby is born there will be way too many firsts to list so I'm stopping here. :)

The baby is due October 9th (as aforementioned), to which my mother has already requested a 3-day advance so the baby will be born on her birthday. That, or we'll have to wait until the 26th so it can be born on my dad's b-day...I say let it happen when it happens! If there's one thing I know about babies it's the fact that they follow no timelines.

So...surprise! If you don't already know, this will serve as your official notice. Congrats to us!

9 comments:

Leisa Waldron said...

I would like to say on behalf of the entire Laney/Waldron family that you will be such a fun, spunky, stylin mama...and I am so glad that someone else is entering the crazy world of children...so that I am not alone! We are so excited for you! Love you sista!

Unknown said...

And on behalf of the Comfoltey Clan I want to tell you how exciting this news is. I guess this means that Southwest Airlines will get a LOT! of additional revenue as we all will travel to Houston. You two will be wonderful parents, fun, funky and very loving. Enjoy the next few months, every minute, because there will be so many changes and your lives will be so changed -- for the better of course. Lots of love from the new gramma to be.

emilein said...

Curtis and I have been anxious for this moment because of the great parents we know you guys will be. You will be the kind of parents all your kids' friends want. haha. You've been so great and loving with our kids we are so excited for you. We are very sad however that we won't get to see you guys after May. Church will seem so lonely, but we are happy for the new life you will have and know you will make it a blast wherever you are. =)

Kylie said...

Aww! You guys are all so sweet! Mike and I are so excited and we can't be happier to know that you are all excited as well. To be honest, we were a bit nervous to tell people! I'm so glad to have all this support from the people we love!

And yes, we'll be totally hip parents. (Just using the word "hip" is enough to make us the coolest parents in town, eh?) Can't wait to find out what we're having! I'll keep you all posted...woohoo!

The Davis Family said...

Ok this is CRAZY awesome! We are so excited for you two! Now that you have had lots and lots of practice raising kitty cats, you are now ready for a baby! ALTHOUGH perhaps your choice of names for a child will differ from those of the kitty cats! Wasnt the first batch named after vacuum cleaners or something like that? I think the names improved after each batch as I recall "Oliver" being one. Beats the crap out of Bissel or Rainbow, unless you are from the 60's and went to woodstock! I cant wait to see Mike as a dad when your child is about 2 &1/2! Remember Cache coming over and trying to catch the kittys and carry them around....by the neck...with its body dangling....Mike was so nervous. It was so great! We promise not to let Cache hold the baby though! CONGRATS! and I love the baby count down thingy! Can you make me one! NO! NOT A BABY COUNT DOWN....CRAP, I SCARED MYSELF...How about a Skinny Countdown for me by April 10th! Later chicky!
Your favorite 1st aunt...CATHY!

Kaylene said...

Congratulations! Yay! That's really exciting for you guys, and you'll have a Houston house to give it a room in! Also, good job on your widget :)

Kylie said...

Thanks Kaylene! I'm glad you appreciate my widget :)

We are excited to have a Houston house. Plenty of room there!

the skiz said...

and what of your first really cool personal blog? :) how do you do that cool title thingy?

Kylie said...

Photoshop, my friend! And you're right...dangit. I forgot to add "blog" into my firsts!