Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nice Peeps

I love nice people. Today has pretty much been packed with them. I think it also helped that it was finally sunny today (I forgot the sun existed!) and I was very happy to see snow melting away!

We'll start with my old pal Terry whom I met as a freshman at BYU. Well, Ter sent me a message on Facebook to congratulate us on the baby. That's nice! But it gets nicer...he also found out that we are moving to Houston and sent me an email with all these great houses for sale in the cities he recommended to us. Nice! I didn't ask him to do it at all, so we'll even call it extra nice!

Also, nice = Grandma Laney. She's just so cute. She is always sending me home with a big box of canned food. Maybe she thinks we don't eat, I don't know. But I carried this big box of canned food up from her basement and then proceeded to tell her I was pregnant, to which she immediately reacted in two ways:
1. She was very excited and gave me several hugs. If you know Grandma Laney you know what I'm talking about here.
2. She then became entirely concerned about how I had carried the big box of canned food. She has scorned me for doing so and insists that I not lift anything that might possibly be heavy. How cute is that? Also...seeing as Mike was there, it was very nice! Now Mike will probably insist on carrying everything for me. I'm glad he's so nice.

I know I said the day was packed full of nice peeps but I'm now tired and can't think past those two. There's a lot of niceness there, though so pass it on! (The niceness, not the actual post...you know, like Hayley Joel Osment in Pay It Forward.)

5 comments:

the skiz said...

You are hilarious midjee! Too funny...i miss living across and down the hall from you. Oh to have you randomly come in my room, look around, and plunge right out again without saying anything!

Kylie said...

Hahaha! I don't remember ever plunging in and out without saying a word! Oh, well maybe if I was on the search for Ash...maybe then. I miss living up the hall from you!

Leisa Waldron said...

Grandma Laney is the best. I miss being close by to her and grandpa. Give her 4-5 hugs from us when you see her next!

Kylie said...

Okay, I will! She's so cute.

Oh, and Grandpa is hilarious--yesterday he was in their family room and we were about to leave, so Grandma turned off the lights. Then he said something about how he couldn't see now. Grandma said, "I'm sorry, hunny! I thought we were leaving!" So she kissed him on the cheek, flipped the lights back on and walked out. Then Grandpa said, jokingly, "It's not enough to already be 2/3 blind...then she turns the lights out!"

I was laughing really hard.

emilein said...

There are lots of "don't s" when you're pregnant. I'm sure you'll hear them all very soon. haha. Curtis' mom is just like your grandma that way. She wouldn't let me carry anything or work at all when she was around. Husbands become very sweet, even more than usual, when you're pregnant. =)