Monday, February 11, 2008

And the Advice Begins!

One thing I worried about when deciding to tell people we were pregnant was the advice. You know, the advice that starts flowing in whether you ask for it or not.

Well I'm happy to report the only advice I've received so far has been useful and unobtrusive. It has been given genuinely and I have yet to be annoyed. Of course the annoying advice will come eventually; I'm sure people will start telling me things like, "Babies need to be fed often" or "Babies go the bathroom all day! Let me teach you how to change a diaper..." Those people will receive a dirty look and possibly a slap. Let that serve as a warning to anyone considering telling me something I have known since I was 4! Luckily most of the people I know actually have common sense so I shouldn't run into too much spazziness.

Then again, I can count on one person giving me spazzy advice. That's my fabulous aunt Cathy. Her spazzy advice is purposely given to be spazzy, so she is excluded from the clueless group. So being the loving aunt she is, Cathy wanted me to know some of the basic Dos and Don'ts of caring for babies and even sent illustrations so I would not be confused! See below for just a handful of this necessary advice:



10 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the baby news!! I got your site from Leisa. I'm so excited for the two of you. You definitely have a busy year planned with moving, baby, and everything. Can't wait to watch your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I love your blog, especially in another post you wrote where you say "Who doesn't love free babies?" You are funny.

Kylie said...

Thanks guys! Yeah, these are pretty hilarious. That's my aunt, for you.

Erin, do you guys have a blog? When I click on your name it says your private or something. Boo that!

Leisa Waldron said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny. I love the illustrations. I love Cathy! I love you. I love the new baby.

Kylie said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO much LOVE!

Myriah Cohen said...

So how come the guy in the illustrations looks about 60 years old? There's some advice, don't have a baby with a 60 year old.

the skiz said...

to add to the hilarity...i got this email from my dad and i'm single without a chance of being pregnant anytime soon. what the heck is that supposed to make me think?

i just put it in the back of my head with all the memories of wedding presents i've been getting for christmas and birthdays since i was 12!

curtjen said...

Funny, but I don't agree with the pets one. I'm allergic to dogs and cats, and not to fish. Now our little boy, Artie, loves fish because we put him in the fish tank. J/k. But, the Art-man still loves the fish and dogs and cats and cows and horses...

AnnEE said...

That is SOOOO funny! I love it!

Ok, just so you know, Babies sleep. I just wanted to give you that bit of advice. You can thank me later.

Kylie said...

Haha! Very nice, Curt--I'd better let your wife know you've been putting Artie in the fish tank again...she's not going to be happy about this. Good luck to you, friend!

And thanks, Anne! I will look forward to the times when babies sleep. I know my sister thrives off of nap time!