Thursday, February 28, 2008

If You Find Yourself Hungry...

I mentioned in that Valentine's Mystery post that Mike and I had planned to go out to Tucanos for dinner (and we all know that didn't happen).

Well, this past weekend Mike's family visited, along with Nick's girlfriend Michelle. For dinner Saturday night we went to Tucanos (I made reservations--something I was not permitted to do on Valentine's). This place is fabulous. I'm really not much of a meat fan, and being a Brazilian grill one would assume it would not be my cup o' tea. As it turns out, I'm obsessed with their garlic sirloin (though not as obsessed as the waiter seemed to think as he brought it around 4 times).
We had a great dinner, stuffed full of meat, mashed potatoes and Brazilian lemonade, which is really quite limey. I had a "free meal" card the company had sent me for my b-day and along with that comes a drum-happy crew of waiters who made me dance for some ice cream. According to them I won the "most energetic" award. Unfortunately that came with no extra ice cream, not that I could have eaten it anyway!

At least I am still considered energetic! This kid is making me tired and has caused the occasional accidental 2-hour nap (that's saying a lot for someone who hates taking naps). But that's another story for another post.

3 comments:

the skiz said...

I REALLY wish I could have seen that dance. REALLY!

Myriah Cohen said...

Oh man, you are such a good dancer! Always have been, i think.

Also, i hate it when those waiters aren't as attentive as i like. Sometimes when i've gone to Tucanos i would think, "bring the pineapple guy back! Bring him back!"

Usually by the time the pineapple man finally comes back i've already stuffed myself with various meats.

Kylie said...

Sometimes you have to yell at those waiters when they come by. You have to let them KNOW you NEED that pineapple! Next time you come around these parts I will teach you the ropes of getting all the pineapple you want. Not to brag, but I'm basically pro at this.